Batch and I made this tonight for dinner. It was actually quite good, although I must admit we were worried about it. I’m used to eating breaded orange chicken, which this wasn’t. I’m sure it was much healthier this way since it wasn’t deep fried. I think next time I would try some brown sugar in the mix to give it a bit more of a sweet taste and maybe some pineapple chunks in the sauce and served in the final product.
Chicken A La Orange – Allrecipes
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 1/2 cups orange juice
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/2 cup hot water
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. In a skillet, brown chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook till juices run clear.
2. Add orange juice to the pan. When juice just begins to bubble around the edges of the pan, add corn starch dissolved in hot water. Mix ginger and honey together in a cup, and add to orange juice. Cook until sauce is thick and slightly browned. Serve.
*edit: We also cut the chicken into strips to make it easier to cook. I think the sauce would have taken forever to thicken if it was just the whole breasts in the pan.